MokMok 点滴

MokMok 点滴

Sunday, 3 June 2012

In English

Warm day (hot)!!!

I'm not that good in English, but i'm willing to learn it..
In my pass SPM, my English grade is just fine, B+...
I'm wondering how I manage to get a B+...
But honestly, I really work hard for it with doing a lot of 
grammar exercises! As the saying goes practice make perfect! ! !
I still remember, I scored very well in my UPSR English Test..
Teacher helped us to mark our paper and I get a very high marks (97.5)
I was very happy... And my teacher was very proud of my score!

This is the first blog which I write in English.
You can see my previous blogs, I use to write it in Chinese..
You know why? because I love Chinese.. :P
English are now acknowledge as an international language in all over the world.
So, we should improve our English all the time to compare favorable with other western country.

Do you heard about Manglish before?or sometimes Malglish or Mangled English?
It is an English spoken in Malaysia. The vocabulary of Manglish consist of words originating from English, Chinese, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay. The Malaysian English is sometimes also known as Rojak or Bahasa Rojak.
Here are the example I search from wikipedia :

  • "kapster" - a nosy or talkative person; can also be used as an adjective, e.g., "I hate them because they are so kapster." Contraction of the Malay verb "cakap", to speak, plus -ster (probably from analogy with English words such as "trickster").
  • "maluation" - embarrassment, from Malay "malu" + English "-ation".
  • "outstation" - out of town (e.g., going outstation).
  • "terrer" - (pronounced as the English "terror") Refers to someone or something being awesomely amazing or good (e.g., "Bloody hell, that guy is terrer!").
  • "mempersiasuikan" - disgraceful, derived from hokkien "siasui" + malay.(e.g. "Sungguh mempersiasuikan" or "Very mempersiasuikan" which means very disgraceful/humiliating/embarrassing)
  • "chop" - stamp (also used as verb). From Malay 'cop' meaning stamp e.g. "Put your company chop on the receipt.

Very funny and interesting right?? sometimes I used Manglish ... But i rather not to speak if you wan me to speak in Manglish..
Some of my *******mate... they are English educated... But they are exactly speak in Manglish... I always group them in "Banana Group" (香蕉人)because they are Chinese but they not speak in Mandarin.... There is nothing to be proud if you speak in broken English it will only show that how weak you're... 





No comments:

Post a Comment